Kingswood Academy Day School children learn through their lessons, circle time, activities, socialization, and teachable moments. Our Academy children are well prepared for Kindergarten.
Classrooms are set up with the following interest centers:
Arts & Crafts
Writing or Fine Motor
Music & Movement
We expose the children to French daily by teaching the alphabet, counting, colours, first words, songs and by reading books in both official languages.
We celebrate many ethnic holidays and explore different traditions, food and culture while embracing cultural diversity.
We teach the children to care for the earth by recycling, composting and growing flowers and vegetables in their gardens.
Music is very important to young children and we offer music and instrument playing within the classroom.
The children will be participating in various field trips throughout the year, based on parental approval.
It should be noted that we are assessed on a regular basis by the Department of Education and Early Childhood as to the quality of our program. Based on these stringent requirements, Kingswood continually has an “Above Average” rating.
- To build a positive self image
- To foster social, intellectual, emotional, and physical development
- To build strong problem solving skills
- For children to learn to work cooperatively within a group
- To provide learning experiences that will last a lifetime
- For children to learn positive, effective ways to communicate thoughts and feelings
- To encourage and support families
- For children to expand their interests
- To foster creativity
- To develop a keen interest in science and nature
- To provide a program that meets the basic needs of children
- To motivate children to read
- To empower children with choice
- To provide opportunities for language development
- To gain an appreciation for music
- To respect cultural diversity
- To encourage and demonstrate sound health, safety and nutritional habits